- Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Spinal Physiotherapy
- Women’s Health – Pre and Post Natal
- Headache, jaw and vertigo pain
Physiotherapy is a science based health care profession, which uses a variety of techniques to optimise the movement and functioning of the body to achieve a pain free quality of life.
Our physiotherapists are experts in conducting comprehensive assessment to form a diagnosis of your problem. Following this evaluation, a treatment plan will be outlined and discussed with you. With your consent, the appropriate treatment will then be administered. We also work closely with your GP, specialists and allied health provider. Our primary
Our physiotherapists use a variety of techniques, including:
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue massage
- Ultrasound therapy
- Therapeutic exercises, including post surgical rehabilitation program
- Dry needling
- Postural re-education
- Biomechanical re-education
- Sports taping and bracing
- Educational advice, including lifestyle and fitness
Physiotherapy is essential in managing a wide range of conditions, including:
- Back pain, neck pain and sciatica
- Jaw pain, facial pain and headaches
- Muscles strains
- Ligament sprains
- Postural related problems
- Workplace and motor vehicle injuries
- Post surgical rehabilitation
Physiotherapy is also essential in managing the following Women’s Health conditions:
- Continence (bladder and bowel)
- Pelvic Girdle Pain (instability)
- Abdominal muscle separation
- Pre and post natal deconditioning
- Breast feeding difficulties (mastitis)
Pilates is a highly effective exercise system, which aims to strengthen muscles, develop flexibility, increase coordination and improve health and wellbeing. Pilates exercises are performed with a focus on breathing, proper form, correct alignment and balanced muscle control.
Clinical Pilates is Pilates, conducted and supervised by qualified Physiotherapists, who have undertaken further postgraduate training in Pilates.
Prior to commencing classes, a therapist will conduct a comprehensive assessment to identify your main problems. This will enable them to build you an individualized exercise program that is tailored to your specific goals whilst avoiding any aggravation or contraindications. Our instructors utilize specific pilates equipment including clinical reformer, trapeze table, wonda chair and barrel. Private health rebate are available for our classes.
Some of the benefits of Clinical Pilates include:
- Developing stronger core (pelvic and trunk) stability
- Creating a balance of strength and flexibility
- Training efficient movement patterns
- Increasing postural awareness
- Managing chronic pain
- Improving general strength and fitness
- Sports performance
Women’s Health (specialised physiotherapy)
What is Women’s Health Physiotherapy?
Pelvic Floor and Continence Physiotherapist have advanced postgraduate qualification and training in treatment of bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction. They are specifically trained to evaluate the function of your pelvic floor muscles and assess your ability to contract. We also tailor exercise programs to facilitate pre and post-pregnancy recovery.
What do we treat?
- Stress Incontinence (leaking with cough, sneeze or jumping)
- Bladder or bowel concerns, incontinence, constipation or urgency
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexual dysfunction or pain
- Mastitis or blocked breast ducts
- Abdominal muscle separation
- Pelvic, low back and wrist pain
Our Clinical Rehab Facility provides services for people undergoing pre-operative and post-operative surgery. We work with your surgeon to ensure continuity of care and develop suitable programs that will optimise your recovery. Our expert team will guide you through the recovery process from taking the first few steps, walking aids and lifestyle modifications to facilitate a more comfortable recovery. Our programs are to promote functional capacity, manage the pressures of surgery and encourage optimal post-operative recovery.
What we manage?
- Hip/Knee replacements
- Arthroscopic surgeries
- ACL reconstructions
- Shoulder reconstructions
- Falls and balance
What is involved?
- Individual assessment
- Gait aid education for pre and post-surgery
- Tailored exercise and educational program
- Maintenance programs
- Optimise functional recovery post-surgery
- Manage pain
- Prevent muscle wastage
- Education on pre and post-surgery expectations
- Regain functional capacity post-surgery
- Improve muscle strength and range of motion
- Education on post-surgery management and prognosis according to surgery protocol